Follow Me!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm Going Heat-Free

....for 2 weeks. What did you think I was gonna give it up completely? LOL
This winter has been a huge learning experience for me. My hair has been a little on the dry side this winter and I have been at my wits end trying to figure out how to remedy it. I've been buying moisturizer after moisturizer after moisturizer to no avail. My hair wasn't feeling completely, 100%, undoubtedly moisturized. A few days ago, I figured out why my hair has been dry. I stopped using my staple deep conditioners: Aubrey Organics White Camellia and Aubrey Organics GPB. Instead, I had been primarily using ORS Replenishing (which I love and will do if I don't have my GPB) and Mizani Moisturefuse (I have huge tub of this that I am trying to finish). I used the ORS and the Mizani during the summer with no ill effects. However, I am finding that during the winter, that combination is HELL for my hair. So, yesterday, I drove to the Whole Foods on Highway 280 and picked up my loves. I DCed with it last night and.....my hair is back to normal! It feels like it is moisturized! That is the feeling I have been searching for all winter long! :)
I say at that to say when you find your staples, stick with them.

Moving on to my next point....about the heat and everything. I'm just gonna bun for the next 2 weeks. If I bun longer than that so be it. I'm just tired of straightening every week. It's starting to feel like a chore so that tells me I need a break from it. So, for now I will be washing, DCing, putting my hair in a bun and letting it air dry. I guess I can call it a no-heat challenge but really I'm just being lazy.

Anyway, that's it for today. Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment