Follow Me!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First Impressions: Organic Root Stimulator Hair Repair Nourishing Conditioner




Happy Tuesday lovelies! I am back with a review of a DC I tried over Easter weekend! While I love my beloved Aubrey Organics conditioners and my Silicon Mix, I understand that they may not be readily accessible for all people. For that reason, I love trying products that you guys can pick up at your local Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc. It gives you guys options and (I think) doesn't give you the feeling that you HAVE to order products online to get the best possible products ever. I have certainly found some hair care gems in my local drugstore.

That brings me to the ORS Hair Repair Nourishing Conditioner. Let me start by saying that ORS is a solid line. As you know, ORS Replenishing Conditioner is one of my staples as well as ORS Carrot Oil ( a moisturizer I use during the summer when the weather is warm and I want something light). Don't forget about ORS Creamy Alone Shampoo, ORS Herbal Cleanse.....yall get the drift. Let's just say that I haven't met an ORS product that I didn't like.


With that said....let's get to the review!


Price: $1.57 per pack (in Wal-Mart. Random side note: Wal-Mart has started carrying Shea Moisture products. I was kinda shocked!)


Ingredients: aqua (water), polyquaternium-37, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, PPG-1 trideceth-6, hydrolyzed collagen, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, tridecyl trimellitate, dimethicone PEG-7 cocoate, musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, dimethicone, leaf/stem extract, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, lanolin oil, phenyl trimethicone, quaternium-80, hydroxyethylcellulose, disodium EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, parfum, (fragrance), benzylbenzoate.


Product Tag: "Conditioner with banana and bamboo extract for dry and damaged hair"



This DC is the good DC for the money. As I mentioned in the price listing, this DC comes in packs only (which I didn't like--I wound up purchasing three of them.). In terms of smell and consistency, this condish is pretty thick...and smells like bananas. I mentioned on Twitter that it was like they took a banana, mashed it, and jammed it into a pack. If you aren't a fan of the smell of bananas, you probably won't like this condish. Anyway, I wound up applying two packs to my hair ( I really could have gotten away with using one but I was particularly OCD about the condish coating my hair that day) and sitting under the heat cap for about an hour or two (I got sidetracked and lost track of time lol). When I rinsed it out, my hair was so soft and pretty easy to detangle. It doesn't have the amount of slip that I would prefer but that doesn't affect my review either way.

Bottom line: A solid DC. It is definitely a good DC to incorporate into your reggie if you want to try something new. Please take note (if you haven't already) this is not an all natural product! Please keep that in mind before you buy if buying all natural products is your thing! I think I still prefer my beloved Replenishing Conditioner a bit more though. My only gripe is that this stuff doesn't come in a bottle! It gets expensive paying $1.57 a pack and you're buying multiple packs at a time!

5 comments:

  1. I hate the "pack" system! I hear good things about all the new conditioners ORS came out with, the masque piqued my interest because it has some similar ingredients as my beloved Kerapro. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a pack on my table for almost a month now, haven't used it yet (wanted to finish my Dark & Lovely Anti-Breakage treatment first) but after reading your review I think this weekend I'll put it to the test as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used this yeasterday for the first time and added some grapeseed, Alma and olive oil to it - OMG I'm in love. Lovely soft hair, clearly I had been using too much protein products. Ditto your comment on the packet system, nice tub would be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! It is definitely a great product!

      Delete
  4. this stuff is good! leaves hair shiny and soft , i love the smell

    ReplyDelete