Follow Me!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Wash Day: February 10, 2013

Yet another quickie wash day.

Yesterday, I got started on my hair way too late in the day....and the Grammy's came on sooo....yeah.

So of course I did the basics: shampooed with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and DCed with ORS Hair Repair Nourishing Conditioner (man I love that condish!). Then I didn't know what I wanted to do with my hair. I really was not in the mood to go through the regimen for straightening my hair. I just wasn't feeling it. At all. I then considered doing a bantu knot out. However, I didn't want to sit under the dryer for all that time and worry about my hair being dried all the way through by the time morning rolled around.

Then I was inspired.

I was looking at the Grammy Red Carpet and they were interviewing Jennifer Lopez. I don't know if you saw her hair (once you got past her pushing the limits dress) but she had the sleekest looking top knot. I was drooling over that top knot.

And that's how I decided what I would do to my hair.


Once I rinsed my DC out, I put some Qhemet Biologics AOHC in my hair and detangled with my Denman brush. Then, inspired by the ponytail sew-in's I got in high school (yeah....I did that smh), I put some Jane Carter Solution Wrap and Roll in my hair (but not too much, I didn't want my hair to be rock hard) and put my hair into a high ponytail. I placed a scarf around my hair for about 20 minutes (to flatten my hair a bit) and then removed it to sit under the dryer for 30 minutes (long enough to dry the front and nape of my hair). Then I tied my hair up and went to bed. This morning, I formed my ponytail into a knot. Boom. Done. This will probably be my look for the week. Not a bad choice considering that it is rainy here in Birmingham for no daggone reason.


Check it out! Note: I had to tie my hair back down again on my way to work because of one part that didn't want to act right! You've been warned lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment