Follow Me!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Kinky Twists!

I told you guys I would post of pic of my kinky twists and here they are:




They took about 8 hours to complete and although you can't see it in the pic, my edges do not have twists in them. So far, everyone has said the look is pretty flattering on me. The plan is to keep this twists in for 2 months. During this time I was wash my hair using ORS Herbal Cleanse (a dry shampoo) at least 1x a week. I will spray a leave in onto my hair (alternating between Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In and Giovanni Direct Vitapro) daily. I will also oil my scalp with coconut oil if needed.

If I schedule my braid installs correctly, I should only have to do 1 other install this summer...which works for me. I think keeping my hair braided will definitely help me get to APL (or close enough to it) by December!

4 comments:

  1. They look really good! I'm planning on getting box braids in June and keeping them for about 8 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^Thanks! Go ahead and get the box braids! I am telling you, they are a great style for the summer. Low maintenance and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is really nice. What kind of hair do you use for your kinky twist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^Thank you! For my twists, the braider used Marley braider hair.

    ReplyDelete