Follow Me!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Wash Day: January 21, 2013

Happy MLK Day lovelies!

I hope you are all enjoying your day. I know I am. I have been glued to CNN watching the inauguration and am (not-so-secretly) glad I can enjoy it from the heat and comfort of my home.

Anyway, as I am lazing about, I have designated today as my wash day. Since this is the first wash day since my relaxer, I'm doing a few things to get some more moisture and protein into my hair (which my hair needs). So, I kicked off my wash day doing a hot oil treatment with kemi oyl.

When I do my hot oil treatments, I place my oil in a bottle with an applicator and heat the bottle in a small pot of boiling water ( I do this because it ensures even heating) for about 5 minutes or so. Once I remove the bottle from heat, I let it cool down a bit. Once the bottle is cool, I apply the oil to my hair in sections. When all is said and done, I place a plastic cap on my head and sit under my heat cap for 30 minutes.

Next, it is time to wash my hair. I basically did 2 lathers of shampoo: the first with Keracare Sulfate Free 1st Lather Shampoo and the second with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo (which was on sale BOGO half off at Target this past weekend). I then followed up with Aphogee Keratin 2 min Reconstructor (to strengthen up my hair a bit).

For my DC, I used ORS Replenishing Conditioner and steamed with my Huetiful Steamer for 30min. Since I will be wet wrapping, it is important for me to get all the moisture I need in my hair during the deep conditioning. Using creamy leave ins, moisturizers, etc could yield some disastrous results if you aren't careful. During a wet wrap, you just want to put the setting lotion you're using (and maybe a little water) in your hair and that's it.

Which brings us to the wet wrap....

This weekend, I was able to get my hands on Jane Carter Solution Wrap and Roll. It is a foam setting lotion that I absolutely LOVED in the early stages of my journey. What I love about Wrap and Roll is that it allows you to wet wrap (or roller set) your hair without making your hair crunchy afterwards or flaking off once your hair is dry. At any rate, I wet wrapped with this and sat under the dryer for an hour and a half. Following that, I flat ironed with IC Fantasia Heat Serum and my Sedu flat iron. I then finished up my wash day by applying a little serum (Regis Design Line Silk Drops Repair and Shine Serum) to my hair, wrapping my hair, spraying my hair with a little Keracare Oil Sheen w/ Humidity Block, and covering my hair with saran wrap. I then sat under the dryer for ~15min.


**Getting ready to sit under the dryer! Joy!<---NOT!**



That was my wash day! There was a lot of down time and this lazy day off was the perfect day to get it all done. I also love how this particular regimen of mine is primarily indirect heat. I was doing some damage to my hair using direct heat (blow dryer) and more direct heat (flat iron).

How was your last wash day? How did you spend your MLK Day?

2 comments:

  1. haha sitting under the dryer is something I dread too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just get so antsy having to sit in one spot for so long!! I swear sometimes I think I have ADD....

      Delete