Follow Me!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Chat: I've Come A Mighty Long Way...

Happy Sunday lovelies!

I hope you all are having a wonderful day! Today, I'm writing a just for fun sort of Sunday chat. The other day it hit me that around this time back in 2008, I started my healthy hair journey. After all this time, I still remember standing over my bathroom sink that day in March, looking at all of my broken hair that carpeted my bathroom sink and floor, and deciding that there is no way that this is normal. My search for 'moisturizing relaxed hair' led me to Healthy Textures and LHCF---and I haven't looked back since.

However, what tickles me the most about my hair journey is how much my products have changed! I can say that the products I used at the start of my journey are definitely not the products that I use today. Back then, I used the following:

Shampoo--CON Detangling Shampoo (green label)

Conditioners--ORS Hair Mayo; Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

Leave In-- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In

Moisturizer-ORS Carrot Oil


Now, yall know that I have never made mention of any of those products on this blog (well except maybe the ORS Carrot Oil since I use that occasionally)! It is amazing to see how I modified my products based on what was best for my hair or because I had to replace them because they were discontinued ( :cough: CON green label). I guess it all highlights that fact that you have to be pretty flexible in your hair journey--what you start with is not necessarily what you end with.


What products did you use at the start of your journey? Have they changed? Stayed the same? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment