Follow Me!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

First Impressions: Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Hair Milk


Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Hair Milk is 3rd bottle from left


Since I have gotten back to really caring for my hair, I have been on the hunt for a creamy moisturizer that my hair loves. A couple of weeks ago I happened to be in Target looking for an Oyin product when I saw that Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Hair Milk was on sale.I decided to give it a go. After all, if my hair hated it, I would never use it again and that will be that. When I got home, I decided that this product would be best used as a creamy leave-in after I spray my hair with Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In. So, in this review, I will be rating it as a leave-in rather than a daily use moisturizer.


Price: $13.99+ tax for 8 oz at Target. On sale. (regular price: $14.99+tax)


Ingredients: Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ternifolia (Macadamia Nut) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Camellia (Green Tea) Sinensis Leaf, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Milk, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Slippery Elm (Ulmus Fulva) Bark, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Scent and Love!



Their Claims (per the bottle): "Loves all curl types and textures"

"Every curl needs some LOVE! Our handcrafted milk is blended with natural oils, butters, and milks. This leave-in daily moisturizing cream with provide shine, lasting moisture, and decrease shrinkage to enhance the driest hair."

Directions: Apply to dry or wet hair and style as usual.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think about this product is: meh. Like I stated before, I generally use this product as a leave in since I (more or less) tend to keep my hair in one style for the duration of the week. After I spray my hair with my liquid leave in, I place Camille Rose Naturals Hair Milk onto my hair section by section and then seal with hair oil. The product itself is white and color and very creamy. Let me just say, I love how creamy this moisturizer is! When I look for something to moisturize my hair, I usually want something creamy just because my hair is coarse and it needs something with some oomph! Really thin moisturizers don't do it for my hair--never have and never will. So on that front, it's awesome. I also like the fact that even though this moisturizer is creamy, you don't have to use your Hulk grip to get it out of the dang bottle. The product comes out with relative ease.

Now onto the scent. I get the impression that this product is supposed to smell like cake batter or something sweet. I mean that's what the bottle says. However, my nose smells Play-Doh. To me, this stuff smells like the salty chemical ball that is Play-Doh. Fortunately the smell doesn't linger on your hair. However, for those who are sensitive to scents, I would probably steer clear.

But how did it perform though?

As a creamy leave-in on air dried hair, it is just ok. My hair feels awesome with it when my hair is still damp but once it dries? It feels like some moisture is in my hair but not as much as there could be (I hope that makes sense). I just get the feeling that I'll have to do a moisturizing session with my hair the next day or whenever my hair completely dries.

I will say that I liked this product as a leave in moisturizer for when my hair is straightened. For some reason, this product gave my hair the moisture it needed for the straightening session that it was about to endure. I think in the future, I will finish using the bottle for this purpose and find another leave in for air drying. However, I do not think this product has earned its way into staple status.

Bottom Line: This is a product that is just all right for air drying and decent enough to give moisture prior to a straightening session. At $15 for 8oz, this price is a bit steep. So if you are looking for an all purpose (meaning: great for air drying, great for straightening, etc) moisturizer, I'd probably pass on this product.

2 comments:

  1. Wait until you have more new growth the BTMS in it is great on tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice and informative review. I agree the price is a little steep I might try it out if I can't find another moisturizer/leave-in that works great in my hair.

    ReplyDelete