Follow Me!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why Didn't Y'all Tell Me??

Yesterday I caved.

After 14 weeks and 2 days of stretching, I could not take it anymore. I relaxed. I figured since I did a protein treatment last week, my hair should be good for relaxing. I went to Sally's and purchased the Silk Elements Relaxer, Mild Strength. Now before I continue on, I should say that I have self-relaxed in the past.....but back then I didn't really know what I was doing. Back then, I would leave the relaxer on for as long as 30 min in the name of getting it straight (I did this every 4 weeks back then too....yeah I know, yikes!). But now I know better. I have been enlightened. Anyway, relaxer purchased, I went home and parted my hair into 4 sections and applied grease to my scalp. I then went on to apply it. Around 18minutes in, my scalp started to tingle so I washed it out. I noticed immediately that I texlaxed my hair. I can definitely tell that the curl was loosened but my hair wasn't bone straight either. I was so happy because this is what I wanted! Yay!!

Anyway, I did all the conditioning, neutralizing, and more conditioning (yes, in that order) and went on to blow dry and flat iron my hair. I could see the difference in my hair immediately. My hair feels thicker.....fuller even. I love it! I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.....well actually I have but I didn't like it then (this was before I knew better). Why didn't you guys tell me that my hair would feel this amazing!?

I can't post pictures now because I am at work but as soon as I get home I will post some!

No comments:

Post a Comment