Follow Me!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Product Revisited: Wild Growth Oil

If you’ve been following my blog for awhile, you will know that I’m going through a product purge of sorts. I admit that I am a recovering product junkie and now I have a cabinet full of products that I need to use or toss…and soon. Products typically have to wow me within the first few uses and if they don't...I can't be bothered. Right now, I'm really trying to streamline my products and having 50-11 products around at any given time isn't helping matters. Therefore, I am revisiting them. I'm finding new uses for them, making definitive decisions on their place in my regimen, confirming/disproving what I initially thought, and giving you guys a mini review in the process. :)





A product that has found its way back into my rotation is Wild Growth Oil (white label). I remember purchasing it at the start of my journey because I heard so many raves about it. However, I stopped using it because that oil stinks like all to be damned! I just couldn’t deal with it. It also didn’t help that the term ‘wild growth oil’ is a misnomer. Back then I was applying the oil to my scalp weekly and I didn’t notice any ‘wild growth.’ That plus the awful smell resulted in that little bottle of oil finding a permanent home in my bathroom cabinet.

Lately, I have been using Wild Growth Oil as a sealant following my wash and DC sessions. I mainly apply it to the length of my damp hair and air dry. Fortunately, the fishy smell from the oil dampens down considerably as your hair dries (I find the smell is most potent the day of application and you can barely smell it following that). Since I use it as a sealant, I'm finding that it helps to keep my hair moisturized. I last washed my hair on Saturday and, as of Wednesday, my hair is STILL moisturized. It also helps with any tangles I get in my hair. Bottom line, I love this oil as a sealant but I would only use it on damp hair.

This oil can also be multipurposed. I add a few drops to a DC, a hot oil treatment, and use it (with a combination of other products) to slick down my edges. I find it to be a solid product for those uses as well. However, I wouldn't say that Wild Growth Oil needs to be an absolute must in your regimen-especially if you have oils that work for you currently in your rotation. If you are like me and currently have the oil sitting in a cabinet collecting dust, it can definitely add some oomph to your reggie if you give it a chance.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not Wild Growth Oil has earned a permanent spot in my regimen but as of right now, I am pleased with the results I have gotten from it.

Want to check it out for yourself? Here's a brief rundown of where you can get it and what's in it:

Price: $8.00+ tax for 4oz (at Sally Beauty Supply)

Ingredients: Olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, oleic acids, triolein, arachidic esters, flavonoids, monolaurin, capric acid, monocparin, long chained monohydroxyl groups, pro vitamin A, pro vitamin E, natural vitamin D, squalene, terpenoids, hydroxytyrosol, oleuropein, the aglycone of ligstrosides, (=)-1-acetoxypinoresinol, pinoresinol, chloropyll, carotinoids, choline, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, natural fragrance and natural color.

3 comments:

  1. Girl you are preaching to the choir about cleaning stuff out. I'm so over being a PJ its ridiculous, every offer to "review" a product is declined bc I just don't want it in my apartment! AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl...from here on out I need to try everything in a sample size because I simply do not have the space!! My purge is working though and it was definitely long overdue!

      Delete
  2. Castor oil saturates and mollifies hair, keeping up the dampness level in the nose. Castor oil helps in blood flow and, in this manner, brings about quicker hair development.

    ReplyDelete