Follow Me!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Wash Day: March 30, 2013

...Or "The Wash Day Where My Hair Had a Much Needed Date With a Protein DC"

Happy Monday lovelies!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I know I did..even though I had to go into lab. Anyway,I was really looking forward to this past week's wash day. As I began to ponder all the things I haven't done since I became really really lax with my regimen, I realized that I have not DCed with a protein DC in AGES!! Seriously, I could tell you the last time I did a protein DC. I figured that a good protein DC would not only strengthen my hair but also help it hold onto moisture better. So, this past Saturday I trekked over to Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods) and got myself a bottle of Aubrey Organics GBP (my hair loves this stuff!). Later that evening, I washed my hair with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention shampoo and DCed with Aubrey Organics GBP for about an hour or so (I had got caught up watching The Ten Commandments lol). I tell you, when I rinsed that condish out my hair felt so soft and strong. My hair really needed that protein deep conditioner. I'm going to have to go back to alternating my moisture and protein deep conditioners every week like I used to do.

The stars of this wash day

After I rinsed the DC out, I detangled my hair using Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler and a bone comb. Let me tell you guys, if you haven't gotten a bone comb, you should get one! With that comb, the only hair that appeared my comb was shed hair. Not a broken hair in sight! I love that comb so much!!! Once I was finished, my put my hair in a high bun since I deemed that a high bun would look fantastic with my Easter dress.

My Easter hair (and outfit!)


At this point, I may stick with bunning my hair for a while and focus on keeping my ends moisturized and protected.I'm also thinking about going back to DCing 2x a week instead of 1. It just seems like so much work though. Either way, I hopethis will lead to some retention. I'm on track to relax in May so when I do my first length check for the year, we will all be able to see where I stand!

How was your wash day?


No comments:

Post a Comment