Follow Me!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ways to Grow A Short Cut Out

Lately I have been getting a lot of questions asking how I grew my hair out so quickly. This is what I have done consistently during the grow out process:

1) Wash and DC my hair at least 1x week--I alternated between moisture and protein conditioners. I tend to use a lot of mild protein if I do use heat, however. I am finding that my hair loves it! Additionally,the frequency increased when I was using more heat.

2) Stretching my relaxers--I honestly think my hair has benefited from me relaxing 4 times a year, max. My hair isn't as breakage prone which I think helps in length retention.

3)Wear a lot of low manipulation hair styles--these styles have 2 benefits a)you're not constantly worrying about how fast your hair is growing and b)they help in the stretching process (if you're relaxed) so you don't feel the need to relax too often.

4)Good diet--For the most part, I incorporate a lot of protein into my diet. I also take a hair, skin, and nails multivitamin as well as drink a lot of water. Hair growth starts from the inside out. You eat a lot of junk, it will reflect in your hair.

Well folks, there you have it! As you can see, I don't do anything over the top. I'm not taking any magic growth aides or anything like that. I'm just doing what is best for my hair and trust me, it shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment