Follow Me!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

More "Bun" Stuff (Get It?...More Fun Stuff)

....nevermind. I can be such a cornball sometimes. lol

Anyway, as the title says, I will be talking about buns. I know buns are pretty boring but I am on a mission to retain length (as cost effectively as possible) and dang it I WILL get there!

Today I stopped by Sally's and got a little donut bun base thingy. It's called the "Hair Styler" and it cost me around $4. I looks pretty similar to the image below:



I selected the black mesh donut and that was that. I should also point out that the mesh appears to be adjustable so SL hair (probably NL too!) can use this donut bun thingy. The instructions for use are extremely easy. Basically all you have to do is:

1) Gather hair into a ponytail and secure with an elastic band
2) Pull ponytail through Hair Styler Foundation and slide it to base of ponytail
3) Arrange hair around Hair Styler Foundation and secure with bobby pins

That's it! You're done. As long has you have some bobby pins and a hair tie, you should be good to go! It is a very quick easy style and it's a great protective style for those of you trying to get through the very difficult SL stage. Below I have a pic of the bun. The picture isn't the greatest but I hope it gives you an idea of what it looks like!




3 comments:

  1. I have the same, but I did it myself with a old sock that I had, LOL

    Looks good, you are on youre way to retaining some good lenght...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you can definitely do the sock bun thing as well...but I always mess it up somehow lol. It was in my best interest to just shell out the $4

    I'm hoping that this helps me retain some length. I just hope I don't get too bored with it. Right now I'm trying to find ways to jazz it up so I don't look like a librarian all that time lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you bun your hair do you take it down nightly and moisturize and seal or you just keep it in for a week??

    ReplyDelete