Follow Me!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Review of.....the Sedu!


Per your request, I am going to do a review of the Sedu flat iron. I have been using the Sedu for a year and a half and I absolutely love it!



Sedu Revolution Pro Shortie Mini Styler

I purchased this immediately after my hair cut. There were shorter pieces of hair that my 1 1/2" could not grab...at all.

In comparison to my other Sedu, this one was ok. It is pretty small and is about the size of a Sharpie. There is no temp gauge and this iron gets HOT! I constantly had to make sure the back of my head had enough heat protectant and I had to make sure that I DCed really good! I was so happy when I went back to my original Sedu. It does a decent job for the price but I think that there are better small flat irons out there.

Price: $50.00+ shipping ( I paid around $60 for mine)




Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic and Tourmaline Flat Iron (1 ½”)

I purchased this at the beginning of my journey when my hair was longer. It is an amazing flat iron! As I stated before, the plates are ceramic and tourmaline. In addition, it has a very thick cord that doesn’t fray easily and the cord rotates with the flat iron, making styling a breeze! Another bonus is that this iron heats up fast!

Things I love about this flat iron:


The temp gauge—allows you to directly control how much heat you put on your hair.The gauge runs from 250 degrees- 480 degrees. However, I found when using the Sedu, not much heat is needed to straighten hair.


The ceramic/tourmaline plates—prior to my purchase of the Sedu, I never knew that a flat iron could get my hair to be so smooth! These plates are responsible for that.


Weight-the Sedu is very lightweight so it doesn’t feel like you have a million pounds in your hand.


Minimal work effort- when I use my Sedu, it takes 1 pass on any setting (well almost any- I never tried the highest setting) to get my hair straight. ONE PASS! Before the Sedu, it would take as many as 5 passes to get the same result. Since I have a lot of hair, this cuts my hair styling time in half!



Things I don’t like so much:

This isn’t much that I don’t like about the Sedu. However, as a student, this flat iron was a little price-y. I paid $130 (includes shipping) for the Sedu. Regardless, I think the Sedu is well worth the money. I probably spent the same amount of money purchasing the cheap flat irons that snagged my hair and were causing insane damage. For those looking to purchase a Sedu right now, Folica.com is selling the 1 1/2” for $119+free shipping!



Also, this flat iron works very well with the IC Fantasia Heat Protectant! The two combined makes my hair feel so light and flow-y (if that's a word). I've also tried it with the Beyond the Zone Heat Protectant and the results were...meh.



I think I covered everything about the Sedu that I like. If I missed something, give me a shout! :)





2 comments:

  1. WHAT????? You didn't like Beyond the Zone? Man, I love that stuff, but maybe I will try fantasia to see if it is better. Thanks for the review. I am hoping that the Sedu comes down a little more so I can snatch one up. Hopefully folica will have a Christmas deal on it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Age in ATL: No problem! Beyond the Zone is ok...it just doesn't seem like it protects my hair that much.Sometimes I have to spray so much of the Beyond the Zone heat protectant on my hair. The Fantasia is thicker, I only need a quarter sized amount and I feel like it is doing the job so to speak.

    Continue to check folica to see if the price comes down. They always have deals on the Sedu!

    ReplyDelete