Follow Me!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Feeling Like a "Natural" Woman (Product Review)


Well I finally tried 2 new natural products and thought I'd review them so you guys can know what I thought about it!



Aubrey Organics GPB (Glycogen Protein Balancing) Conditioner





Price: $10.29+tax (at Whole Foods)

Consistency/ Smell: Very thick and greenish in tint!! A little bit of this stuff definitely goes a long way! It smelled like something minty...at least that's what I thought.

In Action: I applied the conditioner to my hair right after I had washed it. I deep conditioned with it for about an hour. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt so soft but yet it felt like it was strong. This feeling remained even after my hair was dry!

Final Thoughts: I was skeptical about any other conditioner replacing my ORS Replenishing Conditioner. However, this conditioner has made my hair feel so good, so soft, and so strong. I never had that feeling before! I think this conditioner is my mild protein conditioner staple!

The Verdict: Loves it! If you haven't tried it, go pick some up today!


Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo




Price: $7.97+tax (at Wal-Mart)

Consistency/Smell: The shampoo itself is white and not runny at all. The shampoo has a citrus-y smell to it which was absolutely delightful (but I like citrus smell).

In Action: This shampoo got my scalp pretty clean. However, even though it left most of my hair mositurized, some areas didn't feel moisturized enough. I found that this feeling goes away if you follow up the shampoo with a moisturizing deep conditioner.

Final Thoughts: I have been itching to try this shampoo since my hair absolutely adored the Smooth as Silk conditioner. It's a decent sulfate-free shampoo but I'm not sure I would make it my staple. I think there may be better shampoos out there. Another thing to keep in mind about this shampoo is that it is a protein shampoo. I think that if you use this shampoo enough, you may encounter setback city if you don't follow it up with a moisturizing deep conditioner.

The Verdict: It's a'ight. I wouldn't make it a staple.




Looks like I'm still on the hunt for the perfect sulfate free shampoo that can replace my Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo.....














2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Giovanni's shampoos were protein based. That may explain why I hated it and why it made my hair so HARD and TANGLED. I thought you might like the GPB but more than ORSRC??!?!?!?!? I don't think I will EVER replace ORSRC! Have you used any of the other AO shampoos/conditioners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Age in ATL: Yeah, I picked up that Giovanni bottle and it said "...vegetable protein...." I looked at the back of the bottle and the ingredient listing said it had soybean protein in it. If you absolutely have to use Giovanni shampoos, definitely follow up with a moisturizing DC. Anyway, about the GPB, I love it. As much as I love ORSRC, it always felt like it was more of a moisturizing DC instead of a protein based one. My hair felt stronger immediately after I used GPB. It is a definite staple now! I also use AOHSR as a moisturizing DC. I would like to try the others (White Camelia, etc) but at $10.29 a pop, I'm gonna have to hold off on that. I don't want to try the shampoos b/c I heard that they are super stripping!

    ReplyDelete