Follow Me!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Making the Switch

For some reason, I've been evaluating the products that I use in my hair. I know that all the products I use work great for my hair but I feel like there may be something better. I have quite a feel natural products in my regimen: Giovanni Direct Leave In, Jane Carter Solution Wrap and Roll, Jane Carter Solution Revitializing Leave In*, and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. Let me tell you, when I use these products my hair feels AMAZING! Well that got me to thinking....maybe I should use more natural products in my regimen. Now, I know that my regimen can be completely natural because I relax. I get that. I just see that my hair responds better to natural products. So now, I have to find a new mild protein conditioner and a new sulfate free shampoo. I will be trying Aubrey Organics GPB and one of the shampoos by Giovanni (not sure which one yet). Of course I will keep you all posted on how that goes so....stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I have the Aubrey Organics GPB and it gets the job done. Nothing extraordinary, but it will do. Now, I have heard nothing but bad things about Giovanni's shampoos. They say that they are very stripping, almost like a clarifier. I too was looking for a more natural shampoo, but since I could never find one that I liked, I just stuck with shampoos that were sulfate free (the OLD CON shampoos, Sammy). I am curious about trying Jane Carter, but I heard that her products are a bit pricey. I LOVE the AOHSR conditioner. I always make sure to have a bottle on deck. I wish they sold it in a liter size! Please let us know if you like the Giovanni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Age: I most certainly will let you know! I have heard mixed reviews about the Giovanni shampoo. Some say it's the greatest thing since cooked food, others don't like it too much. I'll try it anyway though. I love the leave in and the Smooth as Silk conditioner is pretty awesome too. You're right about the Jane Carter products. The two things I purchase are on the lower end of the pricing range but definitely worth a shot. Oh, and we are ----->HERE<---- about the AOHSR! My hair adores it!

    ReplyDelete