Follow Me!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You Do Hair?

Um....well....I guess....?

I was asked that question this weekend. One of my friends was talking about going to get her hair done and I casually mentioned that I had to wash, deep condition, and style my hair for our outing on Saturday. Her eyes got really big and she asked "You do hair?" Problem is, I didn't know how to answer that. I mean I do my hair but that is based out of necessity. I don't have the time or the money to go to the salon weekly to get my hair done. Besides, stylists don't handle my hair with the same level of care that I do. Anyway, so here I am, trying to figure out how to answer this question. Shoot, I'm still trying to figure it out. I don't want to give anybody any kind of false hope y'know? My skill is limited and I have some things to perfect ( like rollersetting once my hair gets long enough). I don't know, I just wanted to share this story with you guys!

3 comments:

  1. Haha.. Girl I feel you. I don`t do hair, though I have to do my own often times because of necessity.. I styled my old roommates hair once & I`ve done things to my mother`s hair a couple of times, but I also wouldn`t classify myself as someone who does hair..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Free: Lol. I'm glad someone understands where I am coming from! I was really dumbfounded by the question and I definitely didn't want to hype my skills up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always tell them that i can do my own hair.. I have ran into the problem where people come over Expecting Me to do there hair i dont mind at times. At other times i am like okay enough is enough.
    I always get mad afterwards to...I still dont understand how the hell i do other people's hair better then my own ... :(

    ReplyDelete